Our Family

Our Family
Our Family

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mid Summer Update

This month went by very quickly!

   A month ago today, my grandmother passed away. :( It was not entirely unexpected, but the family still grieves. But she is pain free now. Oh how glorious it must be to be in Lord's presence! I have many memories of my grandmother. She was often around or living with us when I was young. She watched and cared for myself and my sister and cousins. She was a very intelligent, caring, strong individual. She was also a talented artist. And she taught me how to be a neat freak! I will miss her dearly.
The first half of this month was a little difficult. I had a root canal, Olivia got terribly sick one night and it was also a time of mourning, planning the funeral.  So we stayed home on the 4th of July, and just went to my parent's house for dinner. We celebrated Grandma's life with a memorial service and a reception afterwards. It was so wonderful to see extended family that I don't see often. It's sad when it takes something like a death to bring people together. But it's difficult when many live so far away.

The latter half of this month has been quite fun! We had a BBQ on the Beach one Sunday with some of Dan's family members.We cooked great food, made S'mores and danced on the beach to Rend Collective :)



And then the girls and I took a trip with my sister and mother and all the kids to a Resort Hotel. It was so fun! The kids swam in the pool all day. Isabella is finally getting the hang of swimming and actually enjoys it now!

Later that week, my husband took some time off so we could have a "Staycation." We went to the beach on the first day. Then we spent the weekend at the annual family reunion for my dad's side of the family at a fancy hotel. It is so nice to see everyone and watch all the kids play together. The next day we came home and went out to dinner at a neat new restaurant. The last day we mostly just stayed home, getting things done and relaxing. This Staycation thing was actually a good idea!


Today we finished off the month and the girls and I went to the County Fair with my mom and my niece. They loved riding all the little rides and seeing the animals!

View from the Ferris Wheel



Summer is not over yet! I look forward to next month :)






No comments:

Post a Comment