Our Family

Our Family
Our Family

Thursday, January 23, 2014

As the fog clears

Hello again!

The title might sound a little silly ;) But it sort of describes my life lately.
As I've mentioned previously, we've been doing great these past few months. But we've also had some serious struggles. We've been exhausted, busy, and fighting multiple colds and the flu, amongst the normal stresses of daily life. Most of this stems from the baby and I not sleeping at night. We tried for months and months anything and everything to get her to sleep better. And then I could not sleep either! My insomnia from my teenage years returned! It was so terrible, I became so unhealthy I got the stomach flu twice in one month and lost 10 lbs! I was mentally and physically unwell, and our entire lives were severely affected. If you are a mother of a baby that doesn't sleep at night, you know this feeling. It's often described as "living in a fog." I was tired of living in this fog, and I prayed for it to clear.
I prayed every day the Lord would give me strength, and he did. I prayed the Lord would provide for us, and he did. I prayed someday things would start to change for us, and of course, he did this too. :)


About a week ago my family, who has always been extremely helpful, decided to step in and help. My sister watched the children overnight so me and my husband could go out and have dinner and sleep somewhere else so I could get some rest. She stayed at our house with her kids and our kids and they all had SO much fun having a little sleepover! I am so blessed my children have cousins! With the help of my sister and a few nights of trying different things, we were able to get the baby on a better schedule and she is finally accepting bottles and sleeping through the night! Praise God!! This is huge! She only wakes once a night now, but that's pretty normal for her age, and okay for me, considering I was up 10 times a night before.

Anyway, things are so much better now! The baby and I are well rested and I have the energy to keep the girls busy busy during the day! We've been going on playdates, Church groups, errands, going to the Library for story time, and so much more. While even in my "fog" I never stopped cleaning the house (hahaha) I now have much more energy and time to really keep everything organized and clean, and this is great. I feel like we have a brand new start to this year. I feel like so many wonderful things are on the horizon now. God is clearing the Fog and God is good.

MOVING
We're hoping to close escrow on our new house in about a month so we've started to sell, donate and organize stuff here as we prepare to move. I cannot wait to move into our new home! Escrow has been complicated and stressful as usual ;) But as of right now it's still moving along, despite many hurdles! God is good! I often find myself dreaming about all the things I will do with the backyard at that place. I love being outdoors. The weather here has been fabulous this Winter, with Sunny warm, spring like days. I would love to plant a garden in that backyard and sit outside while the girls play. They so need an outdoor space to play in. I pray everything continues to move forward and we do get call that place our home someday soon.

ISABELLA TURNS 3
Anyway, I have many things to do as I prepare for Isabella's birthday tomorrow! She is turning 3 years old, I can't believe it! My little girl is growing up! We are taking her out with her cousin tomorrow and then having a small "party" here on Saturday. It's not much, but she is so excited. This is the first year she really understands what's going on. :)

I hope to talk to you all again soon
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment